Social media is forever evolving, and as public relations professionals it’s important to know key facts and stats for each platform. At Quinn & Co., we integrate social media in to many of our campaigns, as it continues to evolve as a main form of daily communication amongst the rest of the world.
PR Daily recently shared stats about social media that are helpful in understanding Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more. This information is instrumental in order to strategically using each platform to reach a target audience.
Key facts to keep in mind when integrating social media in to communication efforts:
- 750 tweets per second are shared on Twitter
- 25 percent of Facebook users don’t use any kind of privacy control
- LinkedIn has members in more than 200 countries and communities
- The average viewer spends 15 minutes per day on YouTube
- 60 percent of bloggers are between 25 to 44 years old
- Pinterest drives more referral traffic than YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn combined
- Students are the number one occupation of Google+ users
- 42 percent of phones in the U.S. are smartphones
Which of these stats surprises you the most? For more facts about social media, check out the full PR Daily article “52 Cool facts and Stats About Social Media (2012 Edition)” and share some of your helpful social media facts with us!